Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spice Drawer

While grocery shopping in Hypercity, I saw this cute little glass jar with a transparent lid and immediately hit the idea of having my own spice drawer. Rest everything just fell into the place.


Spice Jar @ INR 35
Besides the jar, I needed a base to hold the jars in place. Thermocol sheet from local stationary shop fit the bill perfectly. I have traced the jar base on paper and transferred the same on thermocol. Now came the painful part - Carving the 36 circles using hot skewer. This was definitely the most lengthy part and required complete focus.  




Once all the circles were smoothly carved, I covered thermocol with aluminium sheet using fevicol.


Small holes were poked in the center to prevent any long tear when sliding jar in the circle to widen the hole.


Once all the holes were widened and loose ends of foil were tucked in, I labeled the spices and stick it in the preferred order.


Prepared base went into the drawer and filled jars were placed as per the label. Voila! Spice drawer complete and ready to serve at the beck of my hand.

Spice Drawer

No comments:

Post a Comment